Karaoke machines for kids are perfect for children who love to sing. While they can help to nurture and encourage talent, they’re also plain fun to play with, either alone or with family or friends.
Our top products were chosen by our home and family advisor, Richard Bartlett. He chose the Singing Machine SML625BTBKD Bluetooth CD+G Karaoke System as the top pick due to its Bluetooth and app connectivity, light effects, and dual microphone support.
If you have a curious kid on your hands, you might also want to consider a kitchen helper so they can help out with cooking and other tasks at a height they can’t reach.
Our Expert’s Top 5 Karaoke Machines for Kids
Here are the top picks from our home and family expert. Compare the ratings and key features of the different models.
|Editor’s Picks||Brand||Rating||CD Compatible||Bluetooth Compatible||Light effects|
|Best Overall||Singing Machine SML625BTBKD Bluetooth CD+G Karaoke System|
|Best Budget||Risebass Portable Karaoke Machine|
|Best for Younger Kids||VTech Kidi Star Karaoke Machine|
|Best Sound Quality||GOODaaa Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone|
|Best Wireless Microphone||Bonaok Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone|
*Ratings are on a scale of 1 to 5 and based on reviews, feedback, and opinions of actual customers
In This Article
Who Should Buy a Karaoke Machine for Kids
- Parents of kids who love to sing – Encourage a passion for singing by buying your child a karaoke machine. You could be fostering a lifelong hobby or even a career.
- Anyone who wants to throw a great party for their child – Having a karaoke machine for your kid’s birthday party adds an extra dimension of fun to the proceedings. Ideally, choose a model that can accept at least two microphones for party-goers who want to duet.
- Caregivers who want to reduce kids’ screen time – Singing karaoke is a fun way for kids to spend less time watching TV or playing on tablets or phones.
Who Should Not Buy a Karaoke Machine for Kids
- Parents worried about noise levels – It’s no drum kit, but a karaoke machine can still get loud, especially when a couple of kids are singing together and things get rowdy.
- Anyone whose kids don’t really enjoy singing – If you’re considering buying a karaoke machine for your child because you love singing, step back and think before buying. Does your child actually enjoy singing too? If not, buy them something they’ll get more enjoyment from.
Research Tips (from a Home & Family Expert)
There’s a lot to consider when choosing the right karaoke machine for kids. It’s important that it’s age-appropriate and has all the features that you or your child require. Spending some time learning what to look for in a karaoke machine will make your decision easier.
- CD compatibility – Will you want to be able to play music from standard CDs, karaoke CDs, both, or neither? Many karaoke machines sold today only play digital music, so you’ll need to shop around if you want one that plays CDs.
- Bluetooth compatibility – It’s great to have a machine that’s Bluetooth compatible, either instead of or in addition to accepting CDs. It’s much easier to play digital music files or stream music via Bluetooth than using a cable.
- Age group – Some karaoke machines are geared towards kids and these are usually a great choice for young kids. However, as children get older, they may be better served by a basic all-ages machine.
- Number of singers – If more than one person will want to sing at the same time, choose a machine with inputs for two or more microphones. Some wireless karaoke mics have a duet mode that lets you pair two together.
How Much Do They Cost?
Betweem $25 and $200
Expect to pay between $25 and $200 on a karaoke machine for kids. Basic models and those designed specifically for kids generally cost less than $75, while the more expensive options are mid-range all-ages models, which are great for older kids.
Our Methodology: Why Trust Safe Smart Family
I have researched extensively to find the best karaoke machines for kids. I started by finding the most popular models online and then compared them on a range of different factors and features. I examined their sound quality, ease of use, and value for money. Then I moved on to more specific features, such as the number of microphones supported, light effects, CD compatibility, Bluetooth compatibility, and app options. This led me to find the best karaoke machines available. – Richard Bartlett
The Best Karaoke Machine for Kids: Full Reviews
The Singing Machine SML625BTBKD Bluetooth CD+G Karaoke System is a great choice for anyone who wants to use CDs as well as digital music files. It’s a CD+G system, which means it accepts standard CDs and specialist karaoke CDs. What’s more, you can stream from any Bluetooth-compatible device, plus there’s an app that works with any iOS device.
It’s easy to control and features colorful LED lights that sync with the music, both of which make it great for kids. While it only comes with one mic, it’s compatible with two microphones so you can buy a spare for duets.
- Can be connected to TV for scrolling lyrics
- Built-in speaker
- Separate volume controls for each mic
- Sound quality could be better
- Only comes with one mic
With its rechargeable battery, the Risebass Portable Karaoke Machine can be used at home, at the park, at friends’ houses and anywhere else your child wants to go. If you know your kid will want to take their karaoke machine everywhere, it’s the ideal choice. It even has a handle and a detachable shoulder strap to make it easier to carry.
While it isn’t compatible with CDs, you can stream music using Bluetooth or you can use an aux cable, USB stick, or SD card. It comes with a microphone and has built-in flashing LED lights.
- Simple controls
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Speaker quality isn’t perfect
- Only compatible with one mic
The VTech Kidi Star Karaoke Machine is geared toward younger kids. According to VTech, it’s designed for children up to 9 years old, though we think 7- to 9-year-olds may not find it grown up enough for them. In addition to the standard karaoke mode, it features a voice changer and six built-in games, so there’s plenty to keep little children busy.
It has eight original songs for kids to sing, plus you can attach a phone or other device using the included cable to play music from digital files or streaming services. There’s even a built-in recorder so kids can record themselves for up to five minutes.
- Comes with two microphones
- The games are great for younger kids
- Light up LCD display
- It isn’t the most durable overall
- Speakers can sound distorted at higher volumes
Thanks to its built-in speakers, the GOODaaa Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone brings kids the chance to sing karaoke in a single small package. It can be paired with a smartphone, tablet, or other Bluetooth-compatible device to play backing tracks and display lyrics. You can even pair two separate mics to the same device for duets.
In addition to playing sound, it can also record, which is great for kids who want to share their karaoke performances with friends or family. The rechargeable battery lasts eight hours, so there’s plenty of time for fun between charges.
- Good sound quality
- Built-in reverb effect
- Compact and portable
- Volume fairly low
- Can’t connect to speakers
Wireless karaoke mics, such as the Bonaok Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone, are perfect alternatives to full-size karaoke machines for kids. With speakers integrated into the mic, it’s compact and enables kids to have fun anywhere. While the speakers are relatively quiet, parents might actually prefer this!
This mic comes in nine colors, including rose gold, purple, and blue. Paired with its integrated flashing lights, it’s an appealing choice for children. It’s Bluetooth compatible so you can easily stream tracks from a phone or other Bluetooth device.
- Simple to use
- SD card slot
- Compatible with headphones
- Sound quality could be better
- Some users have issues connective to Bluetooth
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good karaoke machine for kids?
How do you sing karaoke at home?
Do karaoke machines need batteries?
Can you do karaoke without a machine?
Safe Smart Family uses only high-quality sources, including peer-reviewed studies, to support the facts within our articles. Read our editorial process to learn more about how we fact-check and keep our content accurate, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Everything You Need for a Karaoke Setup. Howtokaraoke.com. Accessed June 6, 2022.